Inspired Eyes Creative Eyewear is a well-established full-service optical clinic located in the heart of downtown Kelowna, British Columbia in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. Inspired Eyes specializes in rare, innovative, and beautiful eyewear from leading European brands, and offers customized lenses in a comfortable and charming boutique setting. We love the reward of helping people to feel beautiful and see life more clearly in their choice of eyewear. We attract a positively fantastic clientele who are a delight to serve.
The City of Kelowna is one of the fastest growing cities in BC and is a visually stunning community in all seasons. Surrounded by agriculture; vineyards, orchards and farms operating throughout the community, the city boasts breathtaking lake and mountain views. You can live in a region where each season brings great outdoor experiences that people only dream about. Stroll along the lake, swim, cycle, go boating, visit a gallery, restaurant, winery, cidery, craft brewery, or enjoy snowshoeing and skiing on one of our world class mountains. There’s a lot to love here, and we want you to join us in creating the life you desire.
Inspired Eyes is committed to providing the very best client service and optical expertise. The Optician is essential to building the brand and cultivating a stable and loyal customer base. As the expert and advocate for the client, the Optician is responsible for discerning the client’s visual needs and providing optical solutions.
- Provide optical goods and services. You are comfortable recommending and explaining new lens materials, designs and technologies to clients. Your fitting and adjusting skills are exemplary. Through intuitive questioning and problem solving, you are able to interpret the specifics of your clients’ prescriptions in relation to their lifestyles and make recommendations of best choices for frame and lens design based on their sense of style and budget. Performing frame modifications, adjustments and repairs are just part of what you do well. You have the amazing ability to clearly communicate the value of high-quality products and instill confidence in your clients so that they may comfortably trust your recommendations and experience better vision.
- Demonstrate confidence and ease with technology. You use technology and systems in a productive and efficient manner. When it comes to working with patient management systems Jane and My Vision Express for entering orders, demonstrating lens design using our i-Pad app, using email to communicate with clients and suppliers, accessing online portals to complete insurance billing or occasionally keeping track of data using spreadsheets - you’ve got this! You have strong computer proficiency, hands-on experience with office equipment including lensometer, pupilometer, position of wear instrumentation, adjustment tools and familiarity with edging and lab work. You are ready and willing to embrace a variety of software and equipment and learn in this fast-paced environment.
- Create a culture of quality and excellence. Understanding what drives value for the customer and what’s important to them is very important to you too. You have exceptional customer service and the ability to engage with clients in an enthusiastic and fun way. By getting to know them by name, responding to inquiries, being super friendly and making them feel great, you embrace our culture of client care and deliver value. You understand the emotion and intentions behind good communication, listen in a way that gains the full meaning of what’s being said and ensure the other person feels heard and understood.
- Cultivate a professional environment. Your clients and your co-workers count on you to present yourself in a professional manner and maintain an organized workspace in order to create an environment that is welcoming and comfortable for all. You always think about what you would do in your own home to welcome guests and do the same here. Your warm and caring approach is what sets you apart. You help the team succeed by sharing your knowledge and time. After all, you know that creating the best experience for everyone is all that truly matters.
- Education and Experience
● Licensed Optician certification with College of Opticians of BC; or proven work experience combined with proof of out-of-province certification in opticianry
● Minimum 2 years optical sales experience preferred
Do you find yourself saying; This job has my name on it! I have extensive optical expertise and product knowledge, exceptional client service, positive energy, am resourceful and proactive, have great time management skills and the confidence to solve problems! And, I want to move to beautiful Kelowna. That is awesome! We want to meet you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We truly thank you for your interest in this position. All candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
Open Date: Jan 13, 2020
Dadline: Jan 31, 2020